permaculture - Call for articles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture digest <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Call for articles
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'll be editing issue #44 of The Permaculture Activist. The theme is
Earthworking and Energy, and I'm soliciting articles, short and long,
ideally with illustrations of some sort. Given that The Activist is North
American, articles should be useful for those on that continent, but
relevant submissions from elsewhere are welcome if the logistics can be
worked out. Article deadline is June 30. Contact me for details.

-Toby

We're looking for articles on, but not restricted to, the following subjects:

Ponds and dams
Planting ponds and other earthworks
Methods of sealing a dam.
Dam sizes and machine requirements.
Working with earthmoving machines
How to estimate and hire equipment
Roadbuilding
Erosion control and soil stabilization
Innovative drainage systems
Swales-laying out, constructing, etc.
Soil qualities for earthwork
Animal-powered earthworking
Keyline system
Community scale power generation
Biomass and biogas power
Low tech (wood etc.) versus high-tech (PV) energy systems

  • Call for articles, Toby Hemenway, 05/17/2000