permaculture - Saving Rainforests

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Simon Kartar <s.p.kartar@reading.ac.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Permaculture UK <PermacultureUK@listbot.com>
  • Subject: Saving Rainforests
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 11:06:23 +0100

Hello,

This site may be of interest to others on the list:

http://www.saverainforest.net/

It buys up land in the Peruvian rainforest and promises to keep it in
it's natural state in perpetuity in return for exposing you to a bit of
advertising. As a visitor to the site, you click on a button marked
'save rainforest' and are taken to a thank you page which tells you how
many square feet of land you have saved today (the advertisers on this
page buy the land from the Peruvian government).

My family live in an urban area so we thought that this would be a good
way to adopt some zone 5 land - we've made it our homepage so it's easy
to remember to save some forest every morning!

See ya,
Simon.

  • Saving Rainforests, Simon Kartar, 05/09/2000