permaculture - Re: Prickly Pear Question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Barry & Margarita <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Prickly Pear Question
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 16:22:20 -0400

Ava Devenport wrote:

> Dear Lamb-Vines:
>
> I'm sorry, I did not mean to make light of the wonderful diversity of
> prickly pear cactus, I actually love the plant and all of it's many
> wonderful virtues. We had just been discussing previously uses,
> cultivation and 'safe handling', which can be quite tricky and very
> painful.

I recently visited the Ladybird Johnson National Wildflower Center in
Austin, TX and they had a spineless type of Prickly Pear cactus that was
smooth...not even the little red spines.
--
Please note and remove the spamblock "faux." from my reply-to address
above in order to send a reply. I use it to block some of the junk

  • Re: Prickly Pear Question, Barry & Margarita, 05/02/2000