permaculture - Just my interpretations

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Just my interpretations
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:37:34

Dear Members,

First, I would like to thank Judith for making me feel that the work I'm
dedicated to truly MEANS something. Please don't malign her for stating an
opinion. She did not 'point the finger' at any one individual, she only
made her wish for information a clear and direct desire, it's just not fair
or right to 'point a finger' at her personally. Don't berate an individual
for speaking their truth. It's only a form of communicating what is within
their comfort zone.

I do recall that on April 6th, I also made a post to this list thanking
Scott for making me feel more comfortable with this mailing list in regard
to "Zone 6". I don't even know what zone 6 is, (and I don't want to know),
but I do know that some of the discussion was a little 'to weird' for me to
comprehend. I will define 'too wierd' as FOR ME PERSONALLY, not that
anyone else is weird, okay? No one berated me for having that opinion, and
if it weren't for others, some not all, that seemed to share my same
opinions, I would not have subscribed to the list, I would not have felt as
though I belonged here. Everyone was very kind and supportive.

I have a very dear friend who truly believes that he communicates with an
alien individual living inside Mars. He also sends out e-mail posts
concerning his communications with others who do share his beliefs. I do
not share his beliefs, on the other hand, I am very spiritual in the
Christian manner, he does not share my beliefs. I don't believe a ship is
going to come and take him home. He doesn't belief In the ethereal
afterlife and the second coming. But do you know, for all of our
differences, we love one another as caring human beings and have learned
tolerance. Because above all else, he has heart, and I have the spirit.
And this is what makes community. So please, be kind to one another, you
can always accept another human being without accepting their beliefs.

Judith never had an intention of hurting or maligning anyone, and I
appreciated her words of encouragement. But let each person speak what's
true to them, or you will lose the wonderful diversity of this mailing
list. It's very demeaning to be pointed out as an individual and self
esteem can be hurtled to the ground with one or two unkind words. Don't be
the person behind the words that can crush a spirit.

Namaste to All! and Blessings,
Ava

  • Just my interpretations, Ava Devenport, 04/17/2000