permaculture - bear and or mountain lion

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sal" <sals@rain.org>
  • To: "sanet" <sanet-mg@ces.ncsu.edu>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: bear and or mountain lion
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:30:36 -0800

my friend has a bear that comes around when she is not there and takes the door off the house .  its been back 3 times in daylight and also when i was up there last there was a mountain lion in the drive.  what is a good way to keep wild life back away from the house? is there a noise maker or electric fence or what kind of dog or what size gun etc.  what would u all do.  she said she had a talk with the bear and told it not to come back but it did.   I worry about her.  what do u do when u face a bear or mountain lion?