permaculture - Sugar Cane???/Sugar Beets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: joseph <makas@pagesz.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sugar Cane???/Sugar Beets
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:20:12 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried to sprout store bought fresh sugar cane. If I can locate
a source I would like to try this unless you all definitely know it won't
work.

thanks,

joseph in NC

PS: Anyone know of anyone growing Sugar Beets in the Triangle area of NC? I
would like to find a local source of some so I could try growing them. .
.thanks.

PSS: Just got a call that the local produce guy has bundles of 12 four feet
long for $19. I think I'll make sure this will work here before I invest this
much. Then again if I can find a smaller quantity I'd like to experiment.

  • Sugar Cane???/Sugar Beets, joseph, 03/24/2000