permaculture - Re: zone 6 & aliens!!!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: 1Earth Permaculture <permaculture@start.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: zone 6 & aliens!!!
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 06:10:58 +1000

Firstly, thanks to all for your support and kind words

The lessons for me during the past 3 years of 'we are going to
dedicate our lives to running you out of town' are to do with:

1. beliefs systems - never, ever ridicule anyone's belief system, we
literally use our belief system to define nature - how ever ridiculous
it may seem (aliens included)

2. community - I dont agree with the feminists approach to running
someone out of town that is detrimental to the community as whole -
surely it would be better to accept and educate

3. the pack mentality - on one woman's say so, the allegation of
stalking, the group shunned me & my work, quite literally destroying
the projects that I had built up over the past five years. not one
person asked me for my side of the story, and when I offered it, it
seemed so ridiculous that it wasnt believed. gossip, especially
malicious gossip, in a small rural community, not only harmed me, but
also the people they would have benefitted from the projects that I
was working on.

4. community work - like anything that happens to us in our lives it
is a lesson. My biggest lesson (for me, maybe it's not applicable to
anyone else) was that I cant just keep giving it away to the community
and expect them to support me, or even thank me. I'm now
concentrating on getting my own work in order (www.permacult.com.au)
so that I will be self-sufficient in income, and then in an even
stronger position to help my community.

I sure cant change anything or anybody, all I can do is lead by
example.

Thanks for allowing me to share this little story - the whole episode
will surely affect me for years to come. BTW, I am not leaving this
community, I was born here and this is where I am staying - Ive learnt
my lessons from the experience, so now maybe others will learn their's

Marcus