permaculture - Rain forest/people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Verne L. Chinampas" <moistearth@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Rain forest/people
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:59:50 -0800 (PST)

Please read this excellent BBC article about the survival of
immediately threatened rain forest people and their ancestral lands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_677000/677105.stm

There is now clearly a possible leverage of awareness for this issue
given Al Gore's presidential campaign, enviro credentials, and personal
financial ties. If you are reading this email, you are now in part
responsible to the survival of the U'wa and the remaining jungle.
Rain-forest survival can become central in the hearts and minds of all
people only if YOU do your part:

*Copy the message below containing the very respectable BBC article and
photos and email it to everyone you know, especially enviros who may
support Gore as president. Very simple...Increase awareness of jungle
people survival or keep it a secret. Do it right away as this is an
immediate issue of life and death.

Who knows, maybe Al Gore is purposefully leveraging his prominence and
ties to Occidental to raise awareness of crucial global concerns, and
is truly a brilliant deep ecological tactician. Or, at least we can
utilize him as one whether he realizes it or not.

This is not about guilt for lack of action, it's about earning higher
levels of satisfaction and celebration when we really do turn the tide
and help our healthy blue-green planet, and YOU can actively be part of
this inspirational story.

Good luck and may the forest be with you,
verne

(Sample email to forward to others is below):

*****

Please read this excellent BBC article about the survival of
immediately threatened rain forest people and their ancestral lands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_677000/677105.stm

There is now clearly a possible leverage of awareness for this issue
given Al Gore's presidential campaign, enviro credentials, and personal
financial ties. If you are reading this email, you are now in part
responsible to the survival of the U'wa and the remaining jungle.

Rain forest survival can become central in the hearts and minds of all
people only if YOU do your part:

*Copy this website for the very informative BBC article and email it to
everyone you know, especially enviros who may support Gore as
president. Very simple...Increase awareness of jungle/people survival
or keep it a secret.

Who knows, maybe Al Gore is purposefully leveraging his prominence and
ties to Occidental to raise awareness of crucial global concerns, and
is truly a brilliant deep ecological tactician. Or, at least we can
utilize him as one whether he realizes it or not.

This is not about guilt from inaction, it's about earned satisfaction
and celebration when we really do turn the tide and help our healthy
blue-green planet. You can be the most important part of this
inspirational story if you send out the emails to raise awareness right
away.

Thank you very much!