permaculture - mountain farming systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jacky Foo <foo@swipnet.se>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "'*Jacky Foo Swipnet'" <foo@swipnet.se>
  • Subject: mountain farming systems
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:16:49 +0100

One of the papers of the Internet Conference on Material Flow Analysis of
Integrated Bio-Systems that is being discussed is the paper entitled
"Resource Flow Analysis of the Nepalese Mountain Farming System".
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs/ic-mfa/regmi

We are now opening the discussion (13-28 March) to issues related to
mountain farming systems to further understand their material flows and how
to improve them via the application of integrated bio-systems, as well as
permaculture.

I like to welcome members from the "permaculture" mailing list to join the
above discussion. I welcome those of you who work on mountain farming
systems to introduce your work. Please feel free to describe your project
and project site, share your own experiences and describe problems you have
encountered and how you have solved them, exchange information and discuss
issues related to material flows in mountain farming systems by small
households and communities in Nepal and other countries.

If you wish to propose a project with the author and IBSnet, please take
the opportunity to discuss the proposal here as well as to seek partners
and experts from this audience

As this is a special invitation to subscribers from
permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu, pls contact me if you wish to join the
mountain farming systems discussion (13-28 March).

regards
jacky foo
MFA conf. secretariat

  • mountain farming systems, Jacky Foo, 03/14/2000