permaculture - [Fwd: [Fwd: Information Request]]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Pc Envirolink <permaculture@envirolink.org>, community supported agriculture digest <csa@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, backyard permaculture <backyardpermacultureusa@egroups.com>, SANET <sanet-mg-digest@ces.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Information Request]]
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:12:37 -0500

Can anyone offer assistance to Tom?
Thanks,
Keith Johnson

> Subject: Information Request
> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:49:02 -0600
> From: "Tom Levar" <tlevar@nrri.umn.edu>
> To: pcactivist@mindspring.com
>
> Good afternoon.
>
> We are developing techniques for propagating clones of Populus spp. and
> intend to apply these practices to other woody genera. I am interested the
> techniques used on traditionally hard-to-root orchard species (wide variety
> of fruits, nuts, grapes, etc) and how to obtain cuttings of these
> materials. Our goal is develop techniques which would be cost-effective on
> a commercial scale. For now, I am searching for sources of information for
> the propagation of hard-to-root, highly- valued woody materials.
>
> We are located at an institute affiliated with the University of Minnesota,
> Duluth. Our facilities include modern greenhouses and controlled
> environment chambers. We work closely and are funded (in part,
> cooperatively) by the forest products industry and nurseries.
>
> Can you provide me with further information or direct me to sources? Your
> assistance is appreciated.
>
> Tom Levar
> Natural Resources Research Institute
> University of Minnesota - Duluth
> 5012 Miller Trunk Highway
> Duluth, MN 55811
>
> P: 218.720.4333
> F: 218.720.4329
begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:earthaven.org
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj@mindspring.com
note:magazines.com,   http://www.magazines.com/cgi-bin2/mc/MCHomePage?afd_number=3D2215
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27600
fn:Keith Johnson
end:vcard

  • [Fwd: [Fwd: Information Request]], Keith Johnson, 02/29/2000