permaculture - Re: U-Bar availability

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: U-Bar availability
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:18:18 -0500

Peaceful Valley Farm Supply has a "Glaser Bio-fork" or broad fork with five 9 1/4" anodized steel tines on a 20" crossbar for $80US and has a website at www.groworganic.com and a tollfree number 1888-784-1722

Here's a picture of it:

Not the same as a "U-bar" digger but the same effect. I've seen the one you refer to, but don't know where to get it.
Keith

SEED PEACE wrote:

Hark!
Would anybody happen to know where one could purchase a Permaculture-style
U-bar (i.e. with long, thin, curved, points) in Southern California and/or
in Costa Rica?  I have been told that these are difficult to find because
they are not shippable, and that I would have to get a smith to make one for
me... is this true?  Please clarify... thank you.

May Peace Prevail!
-Marco

p.s. anybody else reading this permalist from Southern California and/or
Costa Rica, or anywhere in between? (i.e. Mexico, Central America...etc)

begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:earthaven.org
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj@mindspring.com
note:magazines.com,   http://www.magazines.com/cgi-bin2/mc/MCHomePage?afd_number=3D2215
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27600