permaculture - Ethylene cycles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Ethylene cycles
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:27:22 -0300

(emphasis is on 'living' as this keeps the
> oxygen-ethylene cycles going).

In our PC course in Hawaii in 1992 Lea Harrison gave us a handout about the
ethylene cycle, which I think is one of the most devastating scientific
proofs of the detrimental effects of plowing and mechanized agriculture in
general ( by accelerating the metabolic rates.)

Unfortunately, I no longer find the handout she gave us, and no longer
remember the cycle by heart ( although I did so for some time, am no longer
so sure about it...)

Does someone have it on their computer ? I would most appreciate this
help..

Marsha
Instituto e Permacultura da Bahia
Brazil