permaculture - Beneficial invasive cover crops <fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Beneficial invasive cover crops <fwd)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:27:40 -0500

"As a practical matter why isn't there more concern with learning how best
to make use of these vigorous ecological niche fillers?"

Probably they are at their best and highest use doing what they do, moving
into a harsh, degraded environment and increasing food/organic matter.
Their 'unattractiveness' to us is one of their major survival strengths.
Soon's we develop substantial uses for 'em, we'd raze 'em with the rest.

Jack