permaculture - Water Recycling Technology

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Water Recycling Technology
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:02:54 -0400

On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:49:36 GMT, lflondon@worldnet.att.net (Lawrence F.
London, Jr.) wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:53:09 +0100, "mud" <mlomas@tinet.ie> wrote:
>>I know a couple of people who've put in water turbines recently (both
>>reed-bed clients) and that's very attractive, but much more site-specific.

>I've finally made contact with the alternative waste treatment expert
>at the state University (the engineering school branch 30 miles away)
>who installed a nice mid-sized system in Chapel Hill for a small
>business. I hope to glean info/URL's/contact info to post here.

Here's the URL for their site:
-
Water Recycling
http://waterrecycling.com/

Water Recycling Reference Databases on the World Wide Web
http://waterrecycling.com/referenc.htm
(there's an incredible amount of information here)

And more from their links page:
-
Ocean Arks International
http://www.mbl.edu/html/OA/mission.html

Living Machine at the Findhorn Foundation
http://www.gaia.org/findhorn/ecovil/ecolm.html

Wetland Wastewater Treatment Plant, Arcata, CA
http://www.humnat.org/wastwet.htm

The SWAMP project
http://www.computan.on.ca/~prodigal/ftgeo.htm

Stensund Folk College in Trosa, south of Stockholm, Sweden
http://www.algonet.se/~stensund/sec2.htm

Advanced Integrated Pond (AIP) systems, St Helena, California
http://www.eren.doe.gov/cities_counties

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu