permaculture - Re: Coming Courses in Mexico

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Coming Courses in Mexico
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 16:11:12 -0300

Hello Skye!
I'm going to get my show together to do a course with you one of these
days! I am
really attracted to being your student... You give the kind of course I like
to take!
(OK to give, too, but at the moment I would LOVE being a student again!)
My doctor, who is clairvoyant ( see s the aura, past lives, and such),
told me that
I have "unfinished business"in Machu Picchu, MExico, and near the Great Lakes
in the US
of A...
I plan to go to Machu Pichu in November, and then Mexico, who knows?
maybe in
February or so... As soon as I get my show together..
Things here are flowing with much greater fluidity since the eclipse.
Are you
feeling the same? As if barriers have fallen.
We have started a 5-month training course in urban permaulture for a
group of 25
young unemployed people, and it is promising. They are quite interested,
although in
fact would prefer to sing and dance "pagode" rather than plant. But even so
I am
managing to go quite deep with them in terms of vision and creative
vizualization ( we
started last Wednesday.) The process will be: personal vision - community
vision -
mapping ( to see what already exists):physical, human resources, institutions
-
mobilization of these resources. Accompanied by a basic PC course with the
skills (
planning a rpoperty, planting a garden, etc.) With a strong medicinal herbs
component.
At the same time a friend wil give them training in entrepreneurial skills (
management, planning, budgeting, etc.)
We have them five hours a day for five months. Have never had the
opportunity to
work so long with a group of people!
After end-October they will be expected to have a project designed. The
last
three months will be dedicated to acompanying the project...Whatever they
choose.
As you can imagine, there is a wild variety of interests, talents, and
educational
levels, from one illiterate young man, to a girl who is preparing for
university...
I think this is going to be "forte"...
I bet you would be great with a group like this...

Robina arrives on the 29th of this month. Am a bit anxious because I have
not yet got
firm replies from sponsors, schools,e tc. I know there is a lot of interest
out there,
but nothing confirmed yet. It is always like this, but it is a bit
hair-raising when
you have money and precious time of other people on the table...

Well, that's it for now!

Good luck on all your projects! And enjoy my favorite country!

Marsha

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu