permaculture - Pond Construction, cont.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Claude Genest" <genest@together.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Pond Construction, cont.
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:10:15 -0400

Hi everyone,

really enjoying this pond thread.

What are some ways you've found to deal with overflow?

Do you divert it to your gardens? to a subsidiary holding area?

I'm especially interested with working ducks into the mix.

(I got four hatchlings this spring and the little kiddie pool I have for
them now just ain't cutting it)

Sorry to ask so many questions in one e-mail but, one more: is there some
formula for how much pond space you'd need per duck?

Thanks in advance,

Claude