permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sustainable, Non-exploitive, Space Exploration

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Skye <skye@tortuga.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sustainable, Non-exploitive, Space Exploration
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:52:04 -0600

Into the fray again!!!

I have no doubt that in some climates, a vegan diet is possible. And I
am sure it would be extremely energising and healthy.

My point was simply that I doubted such a diet is possible in areas such
as northern Germany. If someone could live in such a climate, and be fit
and healthy on a vegan diet, we'd have my unmost admiration.

I am not against veganism as such, as long as it doesn't involve
exploiting other peoples/ecologies. For twenty years I was a strict
vegetarian (only slightly relaxed now) so I don't know how to prepare or
cook any meat products - and have no interest to learn to do so now. A
family inherited sensitivity means I can rarely eat eggs. Having lived
in warm climates without a refrigerator for almost 15 years, my intake
of dairy products is also minimal. And I am quite healthy and manage a
fairly busy schedule.

Guess I am just saying, lets not get hung up on dogma - to be vegan or
not, its individual choice, but I try to be aware of the
implications/connctions that occur because of diet, lifestyle.....

Gracias.....abrazos a todos
Skye

--
Skye - Apdo # 391, Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México.
fax (52) 01 (434) 24743