permaculture - Re: New collaborative permaculture website, http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Larry London <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New collaborative permaculture website, http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:01:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, miekal and wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:38:23 -0600
> From: miekal and <dtv@mwt.net>
> Subject: Re: New collaborative permaculture website,
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture

> what type of collaboration are you speaking of larry, submitting links?
> makng pages? making virtual site tours?

All of the above and more, information, graphics, links. Part of this
project will include creating a free online permaculture "course of
study". No accreditation will be given but, hopefully, lots of resources
will be made available for superficial and in-depth study of permaculture
and for those wanting to learn enough to effectively put it to work in
the field or build a solid foundation for long-term study and practice.

One of the more challenging aspects of this work will consist of
putting collected useful information into an online searchable database.
MetaLab runs MySQL and PHP. I am hoping we will be able to make good
use of this for the time being and migrate to something else
state-of-the-art as new software gets developed (no doubt about that).

I hope to glean the best from my own archives to put into a structured
array of PC resources. Anyone wanting to contribute in similar
fashion is welcome to do so.

What ideas do you have for this website?

LL