permaculture - Re: demographics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: demographics
  • Date: 12 Jun 1999 11:49:56 +0200

georg <georg@2012.org> writes:

> along some recent threads the following copy-paste forward might be
> elucidating:
>
> "If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
> 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
> would look like something like the following. There would be:
>
> 57 Asians
> 21 Europeans
> 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
> 8 Africans

This lacks some information as the majority in the world is build by
Africans+African-Americans. That´s what I´ve heard. Maybe this was in
relation to Chinese, not Asian.

The other points look interesting.

About the one with a computer: "Owning" an computer isn´t the
point. Interesting would be "using". And we had to count telephones
and modern washing-mashines, too.

--
Thilo Pfennig
<http://Alternativ.Net/>