permaculture - RE: [Pc] demographics - housing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <John-Schinnerer@data-dimensions.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [Pc] demographics - housing
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:12:16 -0700

Aloha,

As Ivan Illich exemplifies in one of his essays in "Towards a History of
Needs" - when legislation was passed into law in Venezuela "guaranteeing"
every citizen the "right" to housing, 70-80% of the population suddenly
found themselves living in "substandard" housing. Not that there was
anything wrong with it from a bioregional peasant's perspective - but of
course they weren't the ones who defined the "standard."

John Schinnerer

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu