permaculture - Control of moles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kirk Hanson <permawest@olywa.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Listserve (E-mail)" <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Control of moles
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:52:58 -0700

Does anyone have a proven method of controlling moles in both the
lawn and
garden? For some reason this year the little varmints are becoming an
extreme nuisance. I was content to live with them in years past but now I
can hardly put a vegie start in the garden without encountering a mole
tunnel. I'm set to buy some mole traps (which are claimed to "smush" the
critters) but thought I'd pose the question to the list first.
I live in an area of the Pacific NW where we have heavy clay soils
(dunno
if that matters relative to choosing a method of controling the moles).

Thanks,

Kirk Hanson

  • Control of moles, Kirk Hanson, 06/07/1999