permaculture - Re: FW: Bull rushes filtering plants...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permacltur@aol.com
  • To: erba@lincolnu.edu, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, permaculture@envirolink.org, darq16@cyberia.net.lb
  • Subject: Re: FW: Bull rushes filtering plants...
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 07:28:43 EDT

In a message dated 6/2/99 8:54:39 PM, erba@lincolnu.edu wrote:

<<If anyone has info about this subject please forward to
darq16@cyberia.net.lb

the natural filtering ability of bull rushes. Do you know of any related
sites that I can access as we are looking at "green" ways to clean up a
small river in the Bekka Valley in the Lebanon.

The object is to try and enlarge a wet lands area on a major bird
migtration route and this would seem a possible solution to several
problems.>>

REPLY: Probably the person whom I know that has the most information on this
is John Todd at the Center For Protection and Restoration of Waters, 10
Shanks Pond Rd, Falmouth MA 02540 USA. Tell him Dan sent you. :-)

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email. Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA Internships. YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html