permaculture - Re: [ecopath] Pc Design Manual - Overview (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Claude Genest" <genest@together.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [ecopath] Pc Design Manual - Overview (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:59:52 -0400

Hi Jeff,

through the chapters within this forum -

I'm really hoping for some good 'ol dirt-under-the-nails type stuff from
this group.

E.G. There was recently a post in which the author describes someone's Pc
house and yard - I got more inspiration from that simple description.... How
I'd love to hear how other places are set-up and how they're operating.

- how people have fared putting their greenhouses next to their houses and
adding chickens to the mix ?

- How long can a chicken tractor till a 1/4 acre yard before too much poop
builds up?

- Ain't it HARD to bring in them veggies reliably and abundantly enough to
call yourself self-suffcient !?! ( LEt alone "permanent" !)

AY-Ya-YAi !!

The practical nuts and bolts of beginning a design.

If we build it, they will come.

If we design our places right, we can give our culture a PLACE to establish
itself in a permanently edyfying way.

How do other single families implement designs - Is it working? How have the
design strategies begun to exert THEIR influence on the dynamics of the
family ?

I keep reading how PC's a way of seeing the landscape and "knowing" what to
do....
Well, I surely would appreciate help on aquiring that ability.

Some of the talk in this group is too damn high-Fallutin' for a college
graduate, computer-literate, urban-refugee like me ;-) !!

Are there others out there who are getting dirty in the backyard and making
valuable mistakes with their plantings and crops ?!

Or is this forum to be reseved for the philosophers ?!

Claude in Vermont.