permaculture - Re: Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CtopherP@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:29:23 EDT

Thanks Toby for bringing out that perspective. Two things I'll reiterate from
my previous post:

1) Law of return. the user must pay. there is no free lunch.

2) burnout. people who do work for free must be compensated in some other
way, and significantly. if not, they burnout. seen it too many times.

I mentioned this weekend to some folks who also work in the sustainable ag,
holistic thinking realm about our conversation regarding the expense of
permacluture classes. they laughed. they couldn't understand how people could
expect a quality course for so little money as $1000 for two weeks that
included food and lodging. their thought was even that was absurdly cheap.
different perspective.

with regards,
christopher peck
santa fe, new mexico USA