permaculture - U-Act 99

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: miekal and <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: list@rhizome.org, permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu, webart@onelist.com, FLUXLIST@scribble.com, liveart@mailbase.ac.uk
  • Subject: U-Act 99
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:28:49 -0600

U-ACT 99 June 20-27 99 8.00$ per day
DREAMTIME VILLAGE http://www.net22.com/dreamtime/index.shtml
Contact eric akaphrates@hotmail.com

What is U-Act 99
-self actualized culture and multimediation experimentation
-self actualized means that participation is expected everyone is a
teacher and student or everyone a learner what kind of
participation? help with cooking, cleaning and most
important
offer to teach or facilitate your knowledge/skill to the group
-multimediaction experimentation is to combine media to maximize a
creative
dynamic i.e. we choose a theme each person interprets
that
theme in a different media after that we discuss the variation
of
-set of potentials actualized as circumstances create

JUNE 20
Please arrive in the afternoon. We’ll make dinner and an orientation and
short meeting will happen after dinner. At the meeting we’ll make a
schedule
for the week.
OFFERINGS are activities that core people at Dreamtime village are
willing
to make happen. People are encouraged to make more offerings. We’ll
choose
what we want to do on Sunday evening.

JUNE 21-25
MORNINGS
breakfast 9-10:00
10-12:00 PERMACULTURE AND HYPERMEDIA VILLAGE PROJECTS
OFFERINGS: stonework propagating plants
harvesting edible and medicinal plants permaculture
basics papermaking

AFTERNOONS
12-2pm lunch
2pm SOCIAL LEARNING
Social Learning is learning from each other what people have to offer.
OFFERINGS Music Instrument making Group Writing
Autofree
design Making Chimes Hypertext Wood turning

EVENINGS
5:30-7pm dinner
7pm ART/MUSIC & OR Experiments in multimediaction
OFFERINGS: condensed word mapping language as art
multimediaction experimentation language as music

SATURDAY JUNE 26
INPERFORMANCE
3pm we’ll assemble and report what happened during the week
(informance)
performance is encouraged
6pm dinner
9pm dance party

(we have been invited to put on a mini street fair at the 1300 block of
Willy St in Madison to help save mona's art house, they will block off
the street & have a sound system set up. I am hoping that we can bring
everyone from U-Act there for an afternoon of jams, performances, &
insurgency...Miekal)

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu