permaculture - Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Xavier Dequaire <xavierd@online.no>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:56:51 +0200

>If we manage to distribute our information faster and better as the one of
>Monsanto or Shell, this may really change things.

This is one of the keys of some success of information about Permaculture
and other alternative solutions-
against Monsanto, coca cola and such others using billions in propaganda,
Permaculture has to also use the advanced tools.
Today internet and networking are the strongest and only affordable to us.
MLM/network marketing was mentionned: there is a lot to learn there: the
laws of duplication. MLM is very modern and basics and has strong tools.
That is where some (too) intellectual and theoritical aspects of
permaculture come short,
Theory can be learned through books and internet, I design myself
interactive learning solutions (CBT-Computer Based Training), and I know it
is possible to use the Internet technologies to create a fantastic and very
efficient course to provide the theories.
As imho Permaculture implies a shift in lifestyle, theory must be
reinforced by practice, practicle training, that is: courses and meetings:
gather people, exchange ideas on a small local basis where people have FUN
doing it: this builds up the network.
Some can make a living to organize those.

This list is a network building up, it is ok, but after a while it gets
somehow boring, I'd rather be in my garden discussing with you my
micro-climates, compost, stove or edible pond or whatever makes
sustainability and DO it.

Peace

Xavier

---