permaculture - Info on Projects

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Skye <skye@tortuga.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Info on Projects
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:50:26 -0600

Hi All

I am currently away from my home base and have just been asked to give a
presentation on Permaculture to SEMARNAP (thats the Federal Department
of the Environment here in Mexico) in a few weeks. I am tied up with
courses in Yucatan pensinsular, and won't have time to get back to my
home base where I do have some info.

Apparently they especially want to be see examples/figures etc that show
how PC has helped improve production yeilds etc. Obviously their
thinking is a little straight and I will try to get them to think in
wider terms than straight production, but I also need to give them some
definite examples/case studies.

Can anyone help??

Mexico has a wide variety of climates, so most examples will be usefull.
The presentation cannot be too long, and it needs to be visual. So, I am
looking for brief descriptions of your project, hopefully some
documentation of yeilds before and after PC, and maybe a photo (more
interesteing than just tables of data)of a beautiful PC garden.

SEMARNAP has a special mandate to help the indigenous and poor people,
and to work with Protected Zones (like Nature Reserves - but people live
in them - always have), so anything with an emphasis in those directions
would also be appreciated.

Hope you can spare to time to gather and email some info to me
(directly). If I can get support from SEMARNAP for Permaculture, we may
just be able to do something good here - I am not getting too excited -
Mexican beaurocracy is like all beaurocracies - but I beleive it is
worth ginving this one our best shot.

Thanks
Skye
--
Skye - Apdo # 391, Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México.
fax (52) 01 (434) 24743

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu