permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 00:20:09 +0200 (MEST)

On 16-May-99 Toby Hemenway wrote:

> Maybe as Holmgren suggests, we don't need professional permaculturists,
> just architects, teachers, farmers, etc. with a Pc perspective. But in this
> very young field, the niches are still in flux, and I believe that for the
> time being, there's a real value-even one worth money-in promoting
> permaculture by teaching and design.

There is a difference between a gardener and a landscape architect. Why do
we think hat in permaculture there is only one level? If there is a difference
in designing your own backyard and designing a huge public park. Why do we
teach the same to both "users"? Why for the same amount of money? The
principles are the same, ok... but that is also with physics an chemistry
, doesn´t it?

--
Thilo Pfennig
<http://Alternativ.Net/>