permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Melbourne (Australia) annual meeting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Martha Ruth Hills (MelbPC)" <mrhills@melbpc.org.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "permacualture list" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Melbourne (Australia) annual meeting
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:06:53 +1000

Hi Friends,

Last Sunday Permaculture Melbourne held its annual meeting, or
as we say in Australia, its Annual General Meeting (AGM).  The
venue was a barn at Collingwood Children's Farm.  Chickens and
ducks walked through, and one hen even lay an egg in a nearby
pile of straw and announced it loudly.  Halfway through there was
a demonstration of how to milk goats on the other side of the barn.

One guest speaker was Ed McKinley, a founding member of the
intentional community Commonground, which runs training for
community groups in a country town about an hour outside of
Melbourne.  He spoke about cooperation, including how he came
to value it, how his community tries to implement it, and how much
different it is from the usual way we've been raised.

The other speakers were Naomi and Rick Coleman, permaculture
teachers, who recently spent a year travelling and teaching with
their two small children and her brother.  They spoke about their experiences
in Mexico and Guatemala (not enough time to include Ecuador and
India).  They taught and designed in deserts and wet tropics, mountain
tops and plains, with and without translators, having to modify plans
overnight many times.

Onward, MR

Martha Ruth Hills

Our life is more than our work and our work is more
than our job.

Martha Ruth Hills

Our life is more than our work and our work is more
than our job.

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Melbourne (Australia) annual meeting, Martha Ruth Hills (MelbPC), 04/26/1999