permaculture - native plants/seeds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Christopher Page" <cpage@paclink.net>
  • To: permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: native plants/seeds
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:57:12 -0800

I recall some posts on this topic already but I need some more resources
for my library.

Does anyone know of really good books on:

1. growing native plants (for food & fibers), particularly Californian;
and,

2. good books on permaculture techniques (that can produce yields
sufficient to feed a family of four, 100 sheep, and have some leftover
for sale in local markets for cash/barter)?

We are researching what it will take in terms of materials, supplies,
equipment, land, preparation, education, etc. to establish a small
family permaculture farm in South-central coastal California.

Somebody mentioned JH Hudson as a seed supplier... anyone know others
that would fit the above bill?

Many thanks in advance,
Christopher Page