permaculture - jostaberries, and pole apples

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: joann t calabrese <jocal23@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: jostaberries, and pole apples
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:59:00 -0500

I am applying permaculture principles to a city lot which includes:
grapes, raspberries, kiwi, asparagus, lots of medicinal herbs and a
vegetable garden.
I'd like to know if anyone has experience jostaberries or "pole apples"
On the jostaberries: Are they shade tolerant? What is their growth
habit? Bush or cane? Are they sweet? They are listed as a permaculture
plant, or easy mainentance plant on some plant lists, but I would like
some idea of what they are like before oredering.
On the "pole apples": I found these in Gurney's seed catalog.....they
certainly look like they would work for a small yard, but does anyone
have any experience with these??
Thaks so much!!! Joann Calabrese, ERie, PA........jocal23@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]