permaculture - Confest News #1

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: retrieve <retrieve@c3.telstra-mm.net.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Confest News #1
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:32:59 -0000

This Infomail has been sent to you on the assumption that you are
interested in ConFest and DTE, If you are not and have no interest in
receiving more information on ConFest and DTE, my apologies and please
advise us by entering in the Subject header "Not interested in ConFest
and DTE" , reply it to us and you will be removed from the list.

Volunteers
It has been discussed at recent DTE meetings that one of the reasons that
volunteers are a bit short on the ground at ConFest or in supporting the
event is that we don't give people enough notice or an idea of what
volunteering is all about until after they are committed.

Hence we will be sending out some emails on the ConFest events, and
asking if you may be able to help in specific areas. There won't be a
bombardment of emails, probably one a week after each DTE meeting.

We need volunteers for Front Gate, Information, First Aid, Toilets,
Water, in fact we are sure we can make use of any skill you may care to
offer. If you are able to help regardless of how small or large the
effort please email myself on retrieve@vic.bigpond.net.au and I will
forward more information to you. From my own experience, volunteering
has been one of my most rewarding experiences at ConFest for many reasons
but the two main ones are, 1. Meeting and working alongside people who
have had many years of ConFest and have great insights into the spirit of
the event and 2. I can sit back and truly enjoy ConFest knowing that i
have put in a little effort to help everyone have a good time.

Future of ConFest
I know it's not a lot of notice but this coming weekend on the 13th and
14th of February at the Xmas site there is a gathering of interested
parties and individuals to meet and discuss general ideas and future
directions of ConFest. It is through your input that the event becomes
better. You can arrive Friday afternoon. If you are thinking of a village
or larger presence, then this is an excellent opportunity to walk the
site and discuss your plans with other's.

If you can't make it and you would like to make some suggestions please
send them to me and I will take them along for discussion.

Putting up Posters
Easter is creeping up on us and we need help to get posters up in your
local area. If you can think of some locations in your area where an A4
poster can be placed. Email me with your address details and quantity
required and we will forward them out to you.

Questions and Communications
It's easy for organiser's to think that everyone knows certain things,
when that may not be the case. Send them in for our newsletter. It's most
likely that if you have a question many others will have the same. Any
Comments, suggestions or questions either for publication or not. Send
them in

Thankyou for reading this email.

Regards

Mr Robin Macpherson
Retrieve
PO Box 49
Elwood Vic 3184
Australia
Email: retrieve@vic.bigpond.net.au
Phone : 03 95312120
Fax : 03 95314111

---Retrieve, building relationships online-------

Member of the Filemaker Solutions Alliance
Professional Member of the Association of Database Developers

  • Confest News #1, retrieve, 02/09/1999