permaculture - Strawbale list information

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CK Valois/B Brummitt <lilacmn@eot.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: gardenbetty@earthlink.net
  • Subject: Strawbale list information
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:12:24 -0600 (CST)

dawn
aka gardenbetty wrote:

...The house will be strawbale, but beyond that, I am trying to assess the
best
plastering, roofing, flooring, insulating materials, etc. I am
familiar/experienced with many types of sustainable building materials and
am
pretty sure what is least impact, but I need hard numbers to produce a
convincing publication to give to visitors and regulators.

Thanks again in advance for your assistance. (--and the assistance many of
you
have already offered:)
--
*******
Dawn:

If you'd prefer a once-or-twice-a-day digest version of the
Straw Bale Mailing List rather than receiving each message
individually, send an e-mail message to
< Majordomo@crest.org >
that says *exactly* this in the body of the message:

subscribe strawbale-digest

************
"Yeah, okay, but, like, how do I get the FAQ, man?"

Simple simple simple! Send an e-mail to
< Majordomo@crest.org >
with the following command in the body of the message (leave
the subject line blank):
info strawbale

It'll be sent to you via return e-mail in mere seconds.

Hope this information is of benefit to you, or someone else on Permaculture
list...the website at the bottom of our signature block shows how we built
Cheryl's studio out of strawbales about 6 years ago or so.

Bruce

Cheryl Valois and Bruce Brummitt
<lilacmn@eot.com>
46N46' X 95W20'
<http://www.zianet.com/blackrange/br_pages/brummitt.html>

  • Strawbale list information, CK Valois/B Brummitt, 01/14/1999