permaculture - Fwd. [ICIBS'98] ICIBS, was Re: aquaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: S & S Aqua Farm <snsaquasys@townsqr.com>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Fwd. [ICIBS'98] ICIBS, was Re: aquaculture
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:39:52 -0600

Below are some details about a recent internet conference on integrated
bio-systems. I think many of the discussions at their archived site
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs would be of interest. If you have
any problems accessing, be sure to notify Jacky Foo <foo@swipnet.se>
directly.

Paula Speraneo
>Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:44:33 +0100
>Sender: IC-IBS Announcements <IAS-WG08@MSIAS.IAS.UNU.EDU>
>From: Jacky Foo <foo@swipnet.se>
>Subject: [ICIBS'98] closing of the ICIBS
>
>To all ICIBS Participants,
<snip>

>The ICIBS would not be possible without the help from the sponsors. I wish
>to thank them for their foresight in sponsoring such an Internet
>Conference. For the planning, preparation and running of the conference, I
>sincerely have to thank so many people for their help and cooperation -
>LISTSERV at segate.sunet.se provided the electronic platform and web
>interface (http://segate.sunet.se/archives); UNU/IAS provided the web site
>and space for the proceedings (http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs)
>and the assistance to airmail papers to participants without web access,
>the authors & co-authors, contributors to the various discussions, members
>of the executive and organizing committees, group leaders and their
>participant groups from China, Vietnam, Latvia, Samoa, Philippines and
>Nigeria as well as Elseviers Science Publishers, BioCycle, The
>Ecotechnology Network, The Danish Agricultural and Rural Development
>Advisers Forum and the LRRD (Livestock Research for Rural Development) for
>their operation in making their published papers available for the ICIBS
>discussions and on the ICIBS web site.
>
>The mailing list "ET-W1" which serves as a forum on integrated biosystems
>will remain open to all participants and welcomes participants who are
>developing IBS projects in Samoa, PNG, Australia, Mexico, USA, Indonesia to
>keep us informed of the progress of seeking funds and work. The IBS network
>has members who have academic and practical expertise that may be useful to
>your at different stages of your projects. Please feel free to post
>questions to the IBS network (et-w1@segate.sunet.se). We also welcome
>reports on on-going activities around the world. To join the list, email
>listserv@segate.sunet.se and use the subscription command
>SUB ET-W1 yourfirstname yourlastname
>e.g. sub et-w1 Clara Ines Orozco, Colombia
>
>Future Internet activities of the UNESCO Microbial Resources Centre will be
>announced via the list ET-ANN@segate.sunet.se ; please note that your name
>will be added automatically to this announcement list. Only a few
>announcements are distributed via this list per year and therefore I hope
>that you will remain a subscriber of this list. All other lists used during
>the ICIBS will be closed and your name will be automatically deleted.
>
>By the end of December, the complete proceedings of the 2nd ICIBS Session
>will be available via http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs . A
>directory of participants and their research/interest profile for the
>session on anaerobic digestion and biofuels is also being compiled by
>Kameleh Nakhai. When available, an annoucement will be made via ET-W1. We
>welcome your contribution to this directory and request information on:
>your name; institition/company name; email address; url address; primary
>area of AD expertise/products; research areas/interests. Please email your
> [...]
S&S Aqua Farm, 8386 County Road 8820, West Plains, MO 65775 417-256-5124
Web page http://www.townsqr.com/snsaqua/

  • Fwd. [ICIBS'98] ICIBS, was Re: aquaculture, S & S Aqua Farm, 01/19/1999