permaculture - Bargyla Rateaver

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: makas <makas@ntrnet.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Bargyla Rateaver
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 11:13:14 -0500

Subject:
Bargyla's Back!!
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 15:00:16 -0800
From:
"Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@HEVANET.COM>

For those who have been wondering where Bargyla Rateaver, the "Earth Mother"
of ORGANIC gardening, Sustainable Agriculture, etc. has been, she is alive
and well, and off line. She has been without a computer for nearly a year,
but finaly has one again, except that she is waiting for her son to come and
teach her how to use WINDOWS.
She saw my name in a magazine recently and used that to call me last night
(Dec. 23). Flattering, since I don't think I ever sent her more than two
e-mails. Anyway, she is going to have to raise the prices of her books soon
and wanted to let me knwo that if I still wanted one, I could get it at the
old price. She is 82 and the only income she has is from book sales ( she
sells them herself) and I know she could use the money. But beyond that,
her books are WORTH the money - $125 for the big Organic Primer and $25. for
the abbreviated version. This lady was in on the ground floor before the
foundation had even been laid and her research is excellent. If you want to
get the books (and help her out at the same time) write to: Bargyla
Rateaver, 9049 Covina St.,
San Diego, CA. 92126

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ALONG TO OTHER GROUPS - SQUARE FOOT
GARDENING, ETC.

  • Bargyla Rateaver, makas, 12/25/1998