permaculture - International Amenesty Week for Political Correctness, Flights of Fancy, ad infinitum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: owner-permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: International Amenesty Week for Political Correctness, Flights of Fancy, ad infinitum
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:16:19 EST

Heads of state are doing it all the time. This will be pickled pork pus week.
The next is national afterbirth week. And so forth.

In an unwonted (or is that unwanted) flush of egalitarian zeal, I have decided
that an utter nobody, the virtual Grinch Who Stole Permaculture, Mr. Warty-
all-over-to-a-degree-that-scares-frogs, should also be able to declare a week.
So the very next week, Starting Saturdy, Nov.7, local time, is International
Politically Correct Week on the permaculture listserve. Get it out there.
Congratualte everyone for everything. Nothing is wrong. Everything is
perfect. go for it. It should be an interesting week of expression.

Through an equally unprecidented act of self-denial, I will be out of contact
with the internet that week, I regret to add. I will venture to Vermont
(invasion of the Warty Flatlander--great movie title), visiting my
grandaughter who having past 18 or so months of age has probably attained
personhood, my daughter, whose personhood is utterly complete, and her latest
production, my only grandson, who is yet in the white, mewling grub stage that
required the evolution of hormones that engender affection for recently
expelled parasites. However it is nonetheless an important experience, for my
heart, ever on the verge of rebellion these days, should I find myself, for
example, in simultaneous agreement with, say a seed collector from Texas and a
dancer from hawaii. Yet, due to this visit, my grandsons parents can say,
yes, you met your grandfather, son, when you were only a smelly white grub
that puked a lot. He saw you, placed his hand on your forehead, and said: "A
bit sticky isn't he?"

Yet I will vicariously participate in the upcoming week of revels in the
serene glories of political correctness. I'll be touchy-feely when I cuddle
my grand-daughter, and probably my meagre male share of the gushie hormones
will kick in, getting me as close to the state of political correctness as
ever I am likely to be. What a glorious moment it will be for everyone on
this list who has tried to help me no this list.

As my online course begins, the week following my return, I will unsubscribe
as soon as I get back, if only I can remember the magic words. It is very
politically correct to email me privately with that info. Some lists do post
info on subscribe, unsubscribe, digest, etc., matters every few months. This
is terribly helpful.

So if you are in vermont next week, and you see a fat old man with a white
beard, kids don't get excited. It isn't Santa Clause. (See the warts!) It
is the Grinch who Stole Permaculture and he is finally in a state where there
are rocks lying around and he knows how to throw them. Better stand there in
the freezing weather and wait for the real sant a to come by. Hell be along.

Grinchie

  • International Amenesty Week for Political Correctness, Flights of Fancy, ad infinitum, Elfpermacl, 11/06/1998