permaculture - Re: Yet another angry diatribe

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lee Flier <lflier@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Yet another angry diatribe
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:32:28 -0500

Gene wrote:

>While it is quite necessary to learn how to deal with
>massive amounts of frustration and rejection in order to be successful at
>anything, it nevertheless is not the easiest thing to do.

Oh come on, Gene. You or I wouldn't know anything about frustration or
rejection now would we? The power brokers and urban planners here in
Atlanta are soooo enlightened! <G>

Seriously, I agree with you. If a person is effective I don't care how
warty they are (and a lot of effective people ARE unpleasant at least at
first glance, because, as you say, they've probably been marginalized most
of their lives), and if they're ineffective I don't care how nice they are.
I want to deal with anybody who can get something done, and I DON'T want
to deal with anybody who stands in the way of getting something done, as a
lot of "nice" people unwittingly do.

Like you, I'm more concerned about survival than whether I get my feelings
hurt.

>Gene Monaco
>in Atlanta,
>Born November 5, 1958

Well sheeeit! Happy 4-0!! Can I take you out to dinner someplace? Give
me a call... I know I've been a stranger lately but am beginning to emerge
from Deep Solitude.

Take care,
Lee

Lee A Flier "The greatest fine art of the future
lflier@mindspring.com will be the making of a comfortable
Atlanta and Ellijay, Georgia, U.S.A. living from a small piece of land."
http://lflier.home.mindspring.com -Abraham Lincoln