permaculture - Re: Douglas Fir logs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Douglas Fir logs
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:32:03 -0700

Thanks, Mike.

I am keen to use what's here and we have a lot of smaller logs just lying
around. I'm
hoping the embankment, which will not need to be vertical - more like 75
degrees -
will develop a life of its own and acquire vegetation that will integrate the
logs as
they rot into a stable bank. For now, my inclination (probably 75 degrees too
(-: )
and our budget points to the trees. The advice here has been very reassuring.
It will
be a big thing for me as I have no experience in this kind of work and I
would be sad
to put a lot of energy into a misguided attempt.

Jeffrey

--

Jeffrey Newman
My personal web site is at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5759/