permaculture - A Children`s Food Forest

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: bioregional@csf.colorado.edu
  • Cc: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: A Children`s Food Forest
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:18:45 -0700

Dear Friends at the list:
Last week I recommended Carolyn Nuttall`s book on this list, citing it
as "Agroforests for Children". I inadvertently re-translated back from
the Portuguese. The proper name is "A Children`s Food Forest". In any
case, the book continues to be excellent...
In fact the name is significant, in that it is a CHILDREN`S food
forest
i.e a forest made BY children and not FOR children... That is a
significant difference.. From the very beginning of Carolyn Nuttall`s
project, it was the children who did the designing and the
decision-making...
Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia

  • A Children`s Food Forest, Marsha Hanzi, 08/27/1998