permaculture - PC Teachers Course

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Skye <skye@tortuga.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: robin@earthcare.com.au
  • Subject: PC Teachers Course
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 19:28:48 -0600

Teaching Facilitation Courses - the World Tour 1998
with Robin Clayfield and Skye

Just on nine years ago Robin and I realized that the motto "if it aint
broke, don’t fix it" may (although it is arguable) apply to the
Newtonian world of levers, gears and clockwork springs it did not fit
with the modern world of communications and computer networks, and was
certainly not observable in living systems. In deed it has hard to
imagine anything more opposed to the reality of evolution than the
attitude expressed in this motto.

In addition to our own one acre sub-tropical garden, the other living
systems we were especially involved and interested in, was students. We
were just starting to teach Permaculture!

Realizing that the old lecture-style, chalk-and-talk method of delivery
was both ineffective, inefficient and totally disempowering to our
students, we decided to JUMP. We decided to never lecture at people
again.

This resulted in years of research, self-discovery, experimentation,
learning, development and fun.

While this process of evolution in our lives, our ideas and our
practices still continues, we have for some years now offered to share
our experiences and ideas with other Permaculture Teachers in Australia,
in the form of Advanced Permaculture Teaching Facilitation Courses.

This year, for the first time, Robin and I will be travelling around the
world, offering to share our experiences with other teachers.

This is a unique opportunity to work with us in an open, creative and
stimulating atmosphere. Participants will experience a wide range of
creative and interactive educational processes. This is done by using
the creative processes themselves. The course is totally participatory,
with participants learning through the "hands-on" experience of taking
responsibility to present various topics, either individually or in
small groups.

Check the itinerary below, for the course nearest you!!!

MEXICO, Tlapacoyan, Veracruz
August 24 - 28 Contact Arturo Farias,
Tel 52 5 294 85 83, Fax 52 5 294 8554 Email
aadvetrav@compuserve.com.mx

CUBA
Sept 7 - 11 Contact Area de Proyectos de FUNAT
Email funapro@artsoft.cult.cu

ENGLAND, Redfield Community
Sept 21 - 26
Contact Simon Pratt Tel 01296 714983
Email Redfield_Community@compuserve.com

GERMANY, Zentrum Prinzhofte
Sept 28- Oct 3
Contact Lutz Wendeler, Ph. 04942441480 Fax. 49 (0) 42448679

KENYA
Oct 21 - 25
Contact Mark Omondi, Permaculture Development Group, Kisuma-Kakamega Rd,
off Kibos Rd, PO Box 4839, Kisumu, Kenya

SOUTH AFRICA
Nov 2 - 6
Contact Paul Cohen, Ph. 0142-27090.
Email vildev@iafrica.com

AUSTRALIA
Nov 29 - Dec 5
Contact Robin Clayfield Tel 61 07 54944707
Email robin@earthcare.com.au

For further information, contact me (Skye) directly.

--
Skye - Apdo # 391, Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México.
fax (52) 01 (434) 24743

  • PC Teachers Course, Skye, 07/12/1998