permaculture - Re: spittlebugs & daddy longlegs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CK Valois/B Brummitt <lilacmn@eot.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: spittlebugs & daddy longlegs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:36:10 -0500 (CDT)

Koyaanisqatsi...
Bruce

Cheryl Valois and Bruce Brummitt
<lilacmn@eot.com>
46N56' 95W20'
Visit the Natural Building Gallery
<http://www.zianet.com/blackrange>

----------
<it was written>
From: blissv@nmhu.campus.mci.net
To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
<big snip>
...Going on the assumption that the insects will attack the weaker plants in
garden due to some imbalance, I am trying to find what in my own little
environment is out of balance that is allowing for such anomolies as one
broccoli being healthy and untouched and the one next to it, riddled with
holes and weakening. Can I extend this hypothesis one step further and allow
that the 'world out-of-balance' (komaquatsu...remember a movie by that name
some years back? I think I have spelled it wrong) has many repercussions,
certainly including high numbers of insects?