permaculture - Crystal gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
  • To: UNC Perm List <permaculture@listserv.unc.edu>, Envirolink Perm List <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Crystal gardens
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:24:07 -0400

Well, shoot, I have been known to overstate a case or two, myself, Scott...
doubtless this is yet another of those times. I hope I wasn't strident to
the point of rudeness. It's happened before.

The truth is that I, too, focus mainly on assembling known tools in my own
work. And happily, known tools are available in droves--still a complex job
balancing and putting them all together, but that too is changing (I do
also love the unproven, of course, since therein lies amazing potential...
'beginner's mind' and all...).

What I see as far more dangerously lacking than proven tools, however, is
the non-linear consciousness needed to use them holistically. And in
looking around for this more laterally-operating consciousness, I am
frightened by its scarcity. This is why I so embrace any holistic models,
even those which on cursory inspection appear to contain fantastic
elements.

As I've learned more about systems incorporating crystals, conscious
energetic alignment, etc., I've been intrigued and pleasantly surprised to
find that there is a deep internal consistency at work--that these tools
can work. And as I've opened myself to these ideas, amazing flows have
opened in my life... I've granted my Inner Holy Fool permission to allow
observative innocence to precede my Inner Scientist's need to explain--and
not been disappointed. This switch has been extremely powerful in my life
across personal AND professional levels.

So anyway, this Universe of ours is a mighty mysterious one, and openess is
rewarded. A happy state of affairs for the curious!

PS... I actually have NO idea what the 'sweet pea frug' is, and this state
of ignorance has afforded my wayward imagination an extremely rich source
for some wildly-creative visualizations... I owe you one, Scott!

Jack