permaculture - Re: Author's right (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@sunsite.unc.edu>
  • To: permanet@sunsite.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Author's right (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:56:22 -0400 (EDT)

http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london InterGarden
london@sunSITE.unc.edu llondon@bellsouth.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
To: sblanchard@pei.sympatico.ca, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
Subject: Re: Author's right

At 11:50 AM 4/26/98 -0300, Mr. =?UNKNOWN-8BIT?Q?St=E9phane?= Blanchard wrote:
>Hello everybody,
> I am currently putting a Web page in French on Permaculture.
> I find
>there is quite a few pages on the subject in this language but very few
>in French. So I am giving it a try.
>I am just wondering about author's right and things like that. I
>translated the preface from "Introduction to Permaculture" and I was
>wondering if it is O.K. if I put the info of the source after the
>translated version.
>
> Thanks.
>Stéphane

Dear Stephane,

I think that it's great that you are putting permaculture into French but
first you should write the Permaculture Institute in Australia
<perminst@peg.org> or to <lisamonckton@compuserve.com> to get permission
from the author Bill Mollison. Bill is very sensitive about people using
his work without permission because he has had whole books translated and
sold without his knowledge.

I doubt that he will mind if you properly attribute your translation - but
please check it out with him.
Scott & Arina Pittman

Permaculture Institute
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501 US
*********
Ingenio Patet Campus

  • Re: Author's right (fwd), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/30/1998