permaculture - Re: Vegan PC & urban PC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Katherine Waser <kwaser@ag.arizona.edu>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Vegan PC & urban PC
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:23:48 -0700

Hi Jay,

I was able to get hold of the local distributor and here's what I found out:

there are 3 companies that are "Sola Tube" dealers for Illinois:

American Solar Lighting Inc., in St. Louis, MO

2004, Inc. in Springfield, IL

Solar Brite in Richmond, IL

The manufacturer is:

Sola Tube
5825 Avenida Encinas Ste. 101
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Tel: +1 (619) 929-6060
Fax: +1 (619) 929-6067

apparently, each dealer sets their own price. The local dealer here in
Tucson told me they have the lowest prices in the country and so lots of
people will come here to buy them and take them home to install! You might
want to take that with a tiny grain of salt ?! In any case, I bought what I
think is the basic unit, I think it was about 10" long, and it cost me just
over $300 including installation.

I can't help you with the Steiner preps--I don't even know what they are.

Good luck with the sola tube!

Katherine Waser

Katherine Waser, Editor Tel: 520-621-8584
Arid Lands Information Center Fax: 520-621-3816
The University of Arizona E-mail: kwaser@ag.arizona.edu
1955 E. 6th St.
Tucson, AZ 85719-5224