permaculture - Re: patterns in anger

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CK Valois/B Brummitt <lilacmn@eot.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: patterns in anger
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:40:51 -0600 (CST)

...It seems a problem stems from folks feelings of shame, rather than guilt.
With a healthy psyche it's fairly easy to recognise when we screw up, make
amends and move on. When the psyche is wounded and we feel like "bad"
people rage often takes over. The difference between guilt and shame is "I
screwed up" versus "I am screwed up"...

Learning to argue sanely is possibly one of the best gifts we can give
ourselves. Teaching the method is an art-form.

Bruce

Cheryl Valois and Bruce Brummitt
<lilacmn@eot.com>
46N56' 95W20'
Visit the Natural Building Gallery
<http://www.zianet.com/blackrange>

From: blissv@nmhu.campus.mci.net

Perhaps at first, when one is just coming out of anger
suppression mode (from guilt), the 'allowing' anger one goes through can be
excessive, but healthy anger finds balance.