permaculture - leaky batteries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
  • To: UNC Perm List <permaculture@listserv.unc.edu>, Envirolink Perm List <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: leaky batteries
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:19:07 -0500

Lee wrote:... "I get really tired of hearing the line, whenever someone
gets angry, that it must be because there is "something within that we
don't like"...

Didn't say MUST be... COULD be, though... I wonder which of us does not
live by the system of global rape&pillage which now exists?

and ..."I find the 'new age' way of dealing with anger - namely being
afraid of it... to be very troublesome"...

Don't have to fear anger... in fact, if you DON'T fear anger, you might
find some interesting little goodies hiding mighty close by at the end of
any little "anger strings" you've got the temerity to grab the end of and
start unravelling. Fear of facing anger/pain fuels addiction... there's a
gas-guzzler for you.

A few good points, though, Lee -- I agree with one particularly... whatever
you DO decide to do with anger, DON'T bottle it -- no one will pay you for
it (beat poetry?), and it'll leak through any container and mess up the
carpet.

Jack