permaculture - Re: Proso millet, buckwheat

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Verne L. Chinampas" <moistearth@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Proso millet, buckwheat
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 23:38:14 -0800 (PST)

I'll be gowing proso millet for the first time this year. If anyone is
willing to send me cultural info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

also, how about buckwheat as a cover crop into a field now covered by
shallow rooted grasses, now forming seeds. Is it best to disk (2-3
acres), and how best to plant seed. Can I sow into freshly disked
weeds with no coverage, but with rain on its way?

Thanks,