permaculture - Nepal contacts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <rvraders@tpgi.com.au>
  • To: "pc discussion group" <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>, <CtopherP@aol.com>
  • Subject: Nepal contacts
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:50:34 -0800

Hi Chris,

Pc friends of our have just been to Nepal. Here's some probably inaccurate
third hand info. They visited with Badri (a lovely man!!!), but he was
very busy. Then they stayed a short time with the INSAN place near
Chitwan.. they had a good time and were treated well, but had some
difficulties with the culture (the boss man was very obliging but didn't
really know how to take their requests to do work... the boss men don't
work, nor do their guests). There is a fee to stay... more than your usual
hostel and I think guests don't usually work as well). Sorry I'd hope
they may have been able to tell their story.. but it hasn't worked out.

Anyway good luck over there... have fun.

Here are some contacts from various directories we have:

Pitchandikulam Forest
Joss Brooks and Anita Truchanas
and Mr Ramaswamy Kannyapan
PO Box 605 101 (or c/o Auroville PO)
Auroville
Tamil Nardu India 605101
(part of the Global Ecovillage Network)
joss@ilauro.frlht.ernet.in
or joss@auroville.org.in
91 413862290, or
91 413862365
fx 91 413862274, 0r 91 41338132

Mr Kolamuri Vijaya Kumer
Diwancheruvu
Rajanagaram Mandal
EG DIST AP 533103
fx 91 883 63113

Mr Narasiah Koppula
A-6 Meera Apartments
Basheerbagh Hyderabad 29, AP
9140 232867 / 08451 82961
fx 40231260

Biorama Trust
CR Ramanathao Ganapathipalayam
Post Udumalpet Taluk
Tamil Nadu 642122
India
91 0425223136

Coastal Development Planning Centre
Mihir R Bhatt
25 Vasundhara Colony, Gulbaijkra, Ahmedabab
Gujurat State 380006 India
91 79 6568421
or 91 79 6420056

Ms Puriben Kehu, Ms Reema Nanavaty
Self Employed Womens' Association
(SEWA) Reema Nanavaty
SEWA Reception Centre, opp Lok Manya Tilka
Baug Bhadra, Ahmedabad, Gujerat 380 001
91 795320477 / 6565215
fx 9179 5320446
SewaMahila@axcess.net.in

Mr Venkataramani Govindan
C/o The Hindu Mount Rd
Madras 600002
9144835067
fx 9144835325

Centre for Educ. and Documentation
John D'Soura
3 Suleman Chambers
4 Battery St
Bombay 400039
910222020019
or 910222851156
admin@cedbom.ilbom.ernet.in

ELA Ashram (Ecology Learning Action)
Atma Darshan Yogashram
589 10th Cross, 7th Block, Jayanagar West
Bangalore 560082 India
91806639490

Nepal Community Support Group
NECOS Prasad Chhetry
GPO Box 3724 Thapathali, Katmandu, Nepal
977 01 213827
fx 97701225277

Institute for Sustainable Agriculture Nepal (INSAN)
Raju B Shrestha
Bhimsengola, Purano Baneshwore
GPO Box 8126
Kathmandu, Nepal
977 1 470210

Ms Anil Gurung
BAPSO
C/o British Embassy
PO Box 106, Kathmandu 106
fx 977 412652 / 421511

Mr Badri Dahal
Gpo Box 6716
Kathmandu
977 1 480888
fx 977 1 524509
bdahal@gse.mq.edu.au

Jarjakot Project
Chris Evans
977 1 225277

Mr Naresh Kumar Gurung
BAPSO
Nepal Permaculture Centre
Kailali 106
977142511
nepbapso.nepal@oda.gnet.gov.uk

Mr Yam Bahadur Thakuri Malla
DPO Box 14
Bharatpur Chitwan
977 5621230
fx 9775621681

There is also a very large number of contacts listed by Friends of the
Trees in their Third World Resource Guide (too many to copy)
Rather contact Friends of the Trees Society
PO Box 1064
Tonasket WA 98855 USA
509 4852705 (ph/fx)

Rene and Lorraine van Raders
The Green Piece Permaculture Garden
PO Box 389
Malanda, Beautiful Far North Queensland
4885 Australia
Int. 61 740 965138
Australia 07 40 965138
email rvraders@tpgi.com.au
"If enough people knock there heads against a brick wall it will fall
down."
Ashleigh Brilliant

  • Nepal contacts, Rene and Lorraine van Raders, 02/24/1998