permaculture - Re: Swales & Mudslides (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Fuller <sol3az@igc.apc.org>
  • To: yount@csf.Colorado.EDU, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: Swales & Mudslides (fwd)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:01:02 -0800 (PST)

Great idea..

I have questions, though, based on my confessed ignorance of the issue!

What is the relationship between slope angle and the effectiveness of
swales? (Of course they become dams at the extreme end of the continuum).

Is there a confirmed relationship between slope and frequency/ spacing of
swales and the sheet water flow?

David Fuller.