permaculture - Re: Bermuda grass

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Fuller <sol3az@igc.apc.org>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Bermuda grass
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:52:07 -0800 (PST)

I hate to commit heresy, here, but what are the side effects of using
glyphosphate herbicides on Bermuda. My admittedly limited understanding was
that these compounds travelled into the root systems to poison transport
mechanisms, and that they were pretty decisive for these stolon creepers.
Additionally, they were broken down rapidly by soil microbes....

Am I ill advised? I am all for recycling, even herbicides! As long as the
products are harmless...

Yours, David Fuller.